Direct to garment printers, also known as DTG printers or inkjet-to-garment printing, is simply
printing digital images from a computer onto a textile substrate using specialized ink jet
technology. DTG printers hold the garment in a fixed position, and use specialty inks
that are applied to the textile directly by the print head and are absorbed by the garment's
fibers and attaching the ink directly to the fibers, giving it a superb hand that almost feels like
part of the fabric; these features prevent the distortion seen with some other textile printing techniques.
DTG has the advantage of low or no set-up costs and an instant turnaround time.
Since DTG was first developed in 1996, new technologieshave improved the printers, ink performance
and lowered ink cost. Digital printing takes place without hand contact; this allows for a more precise image than is possible with screen printing.
- There are no setup costs, as compared to screen-printing.
- Small orders and one-off prints can be done at a reasonable price.
- Printed images on direct to garment printers are highly accurate and detailed.
- Unlike screen-printing, direct to garment printers do not have to charge by the color, so full-color
printing is extremely affordable.
The ideal Direct to Garment printer jobs are:
- Highly detailed prints with gradients, shading and tight registration.
- Designs with various colors or realistic photo prints.
- One-offs or small quantity orders.
- Quiker turnaround times.
DTG Garment Guidelines:
- We can do 50% cotton/50% polyester, but the polyester may cause ink colors to darken and dull
the vibrancy in the ink color.
- Mid-Tone Colored Garments must have a white underbase, unless approved by customer.
- NO Stain Treated/Resistant, Nylon, Spandex, Viscose Rayon or Ribbed Fabrics.
- Dark Colored Garments must have a white underbase.
- DTG inks are formulated and work best on 100% cotton garments.
- 100% Polyester can be done on white garments ONLY.
TO CHANGE FROM OUR IN-STOCK ITEMS TO ANOTHER GARMENT,
TAKE CATALOG PRICE (see below) AND ADD IT TO PRICING ABOVE.
FEEL FREE TO EMAIL OR CALL IF YOU SHOULD NEED ASSISTANCE.
Click Image to view details.